What will they do, take away my birthday?

So, you have already admitted that you know you are doing something wrong, because you are discussing the likelihood and severity of a punishment. A statement like this implies that you think you are untouchable and that either the possible punishment is worth the risk or the reward outweighs the risk.

Can they take away your birthday?

Yes, they can take away your birthday: this year, next year, and for many years to come. Not your literal birthday of course, but any enjoyment you might receive from having one, along with the ability to spend time with your friends and family, play games, earn a living, take care of your family, and many more possible occupations.

What is the real punishment for committing a crime: years worth of imprisonment? No. It is the destruction of your reputation, the severity of which is dependent upon the severity and nature of the crime.

Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness are considered a fundamental right in the United States. Happiness is not guaranteed, but the pursuit of it is. You lose every one of these rights, when committing criminal activities.

The Reasonable and Actionable Solution to this problem:

  • If you don’t commit the crime, you don’t have to do the time.
  • If you can help it, do not talk to your friends and family, when you are angry.
  • Set firm rules of acceptable behavior for angry discussions, such as acceptable words do not include threats, personal attacks, or vulgar language.
  • If you want money, get a job, seek one of the government institutions that help people who are out of work and cannot find a job, or start your own business.
  • If you feel that someone is a threat to your physical or mental wellbeing, report them to your supervisor, the police, your school counselor, etc.
    • If you do not get satisfaction from the first person you reported the problem to, do not be afraid to go over that person’s head or seek an alternate route to satisfaction, such as if you reported a problem to all levels within your school and they have not taken care of it, you can report the problem to the police.
  • If you feel that you cannot get a raise or promotion that you feel you deserve at an organization:
    • Make sure that your contributions are recognized and acknowledged by regularly reporting your activities to your supervisor (in a well documented form, such as e-mail) and keep a copy. Send a courtesy copy (CC) to your supervisor, whenever you contribute anything of importance.
    • Report the situation to HR (human resources).
    • Request a transfer.
    • Get a job elsewhere.

Above all other considerations, committing a crime gives your life into someone else’s hands. Don’t do it.